It’s back! One of the largest student competition in the world has returned for its 14th year with new prizes and new challenges for students around the world.
Win prizes while gaining unique skills that will land you a job at Fortune 500 companies around the world! No experience needed!!
Part 1 “Learn the Basics” Prizes:
- $25 gift card to 300 randomly chosen from first 2,000 completions
Part 2 “Practice” Prizes:
- Cash Prizes
- $100 gift card to first 150 to complete
- Exclusive QTUM Computer Webinar and Q&A Invite
- Invite to randomly chosen 25 from all those that finish Part 2 correctly
Part 3 “Real World Challenge” Prizes:
- $2750 travel stipend & IBM Master the Mainframe Hoodie to the top 2 individuals from EACH region
- The top 3 individuals globally will receive a $1,000 USD prize pack
Part 1: Learn the Basics
Meet the platform used by top companies around the world to run their most business critical applications. Learn how to access a user interface, the basic concepts of mainframe programing, and the fundamentals of what differentiates the mainframe from other platforms. IBM will provide step by step instructions to complete the challenges and set you up for success in Part 2.
Part 2: Practice
Continue your mainframe skills journey learning how to program with languages such as JAVA, C, COBOL and REXX. Learn JCL and assembly language to navigate the mainframe environment using advanced commands, system security tools and system navigation tools. Earn the Part 2 IBM Digital Badge to showcase your new skills to employers around the world.
Part 3: Real World Challenge
Dive even deeper into the mainframe using real life scenarios encountered by experienced systems programmers. Data Analytics, creative problem solving and knowledge gained in Part 1 and Part 2 challenges will help build out the final challenges. Part 3 will put contestants to the test and identify those with the most drive and determination to Master the Mainframe.